If you have a Windows 10 computer or laptop and you forgot your Windows 10 administrator password. Now you don’t want to format because you have lots of data in your system, then How To Reset Administrator Password Windows 10.
There are many different ways to windows 10 password reset. Here I show a simple way to reset forgotten password on windows 10 without any third-party software.
How To Reset Administrator Password Windows 10
- First direct shutdown your Windows 10 device by pressing the shutdown button or press control key as well as shut down switch then automatically shut down your computer, then again start. In the same way, you turned off or on your system two to three times.
2. Until the option of automatic repair not comes, then come to ‘your PC did not start correctly’ and below you see restart or advanced options click on ‘advanced options’
3. Next, you see ‘Choose an option’ and below continue, troubleshoot and turn off your PC click on ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
4. After that open your system troubleshoot page click on the below ‘advanced options.’
5. Letter on you see lots of options like system restore, command prompt, system image recovery, startup setting, startup repair, go back to the previous build. Click on ‘system image recovery.’
6. Then a small window will come re-image your computer cancel that page.
7. Next, you see ‘select a system image backup’ and below already tick on ‘select a system image’ there you click the next button.
8. Then come ‘select the location of the backup for the computer you want to restore’ and below you see the advance option, click on the advanced.
9. After that again come a small page where are you see ‘search for a system image on the network’ or ‘install a driver’ click on the installer driver.
10. After click on that come to insert the installation media for the device and click ok to select the driver click here OK.
11. Then your system32 file has come out means there your Windows system was installed that file you can see here, find here ‘Utilman’ file and rename it.
12. If you don’t get Utilman file. Select ‘This PC’ and open your system drive like D drive or C drive most people installed Windows 10 in D drive or C drive open that there you installed and open ‘Windows’ folder.
After that find your system32 to file and then open it there get Utilman file rename it Like ‘Utilman 1’, and here finds another file name is CMD rename it the name ‘Utilman’.
Windows keyboard shortcuts Here
13. Here refresh once time and check whether the file name changed or not, then cancel all the pages.
14. When you come to ‘choose option’ page click the continue button, then your computer will automatically restart.
15. Next, you will come to your administrator password page and below you see three-button click on the middle option ‘Ease of access.’
16. Then command prompt page will open there you write ‘control userpasswords2’ then press enter.
17. After press enters your user accounts page will come, and below you see reset password button click there and put your new password, then below put confirm the new password and click ok. Here whatever you enter the password, will open your computer with that password.
After complete, all the processes restart your computer, and when ask password, then put that password, it will open, and you will access all your files. This is the easiest way how to reset administrator password windows 10.
You can also reset your administrative password by using any bootable Pendrive or Windows 10 dicks in the same way. Here you get Windows 10 official ISO file. Do not use this process wrongly.
If you ever forget your windows 10 administrator password then this way, you can easily remove and reset it.