If you are first time try to fill out a check, then many quarries have come in the mind. Here I am going to show you how to write a check correctly 6 main elements or how to fill out a check safely also the main thing to remember during writing a check.
How To Write A Check – How To Fill Out A Check
- First, the top right corner put current date/month/year. All over the world, the date can be written in different ways. International standard to write the date on check, first date then month and then year or first year /month/date this is the International standard to writing a date. If on your check have yyyy/mm/dd this kind. it means first number is the year, second month and third number date.
2. Second pay to the order of, who you are going to write this check put person name or company name that you give to whom you want to give this check. If there is any situation where you give a check but you do not know the name of Payee, at that time you can write cash/self or your name instead of Payee name. but remember this is very risky because if anyone gets that check then they can withdrawal your cash.
3. The third is a very important part because here you write the amount in number that you pay. If your currency is Dollar then put the amount in the box along with cents ($103.20) just put amount without currency symbol. when you write the number in the box make sure you write the first number near the box line. Otherwise, you will raise more money if they add any number before that.
4. Forth, below the payee name also write the same amount that you put in the box but here writes amount in words. this is the confirmation for the bank to be sure that is the exact amount that you are paying that person, after putting your amount in words then draw a line for security also important to write words from the left side so nobody can add anything.
5. The fifth is the signature that you give in your bank when you open your bank account; that signature will verify then your amount will transfer. you should try to sign in your check in the same way. Otherwise, your cheque will be bounced, for which you may also have to pay a penalty.
If you use essential signature then always use your essential Signature or if you use full name signature then use always that signature. if you forgot your signature then visit your nearest bank branch and tell him they will help you.
6. Sixth is Memo it is optional for your personal note, here you write why you pay that person this check (for example electric bill, computer class fees etc.) This is not mandatory if you leave it blank nothing happened, but other five things are necessary otherwise your payment can’t transfer. If possible, put 2 or 1 signature on the back site of the check. These are the basic things of writing a check.
Few safety tips for writing a check or fill out a check.
- When you will write a check always use capital letter because it’s harder to change. Therefore, Bank advised to people use the capital letter when you fill out a check.
- Number/name all things start writing from starting without gap, make sure draw a line after number and name all way to the end so nobody can add anything.
- Make sure that the amount you fill out in check more than the amount Should be your bank account, otherwise the check will be bounced and you may have to pay a penalty for it.