Here I am going to show you step by step SBI saving account opening full process.
SBI (The State Bank of India) is the number one bank in India.
I am showing three ways to open SBI account online.
SBI account online
- Visit the SBI official website
2. Click apply for SBI/Current Account and choose savings bank account then click for Resident individuals
After that decide what kind of account you want salary account, savings bank account or small SB account.
If you are don’t know what type of account you open then select small SB account or savings bank account.
salary account only for salary persons I am going with small SB account.
3. You will see six kinds of option and below have start now option-choose START NOW and click fill new customer information form.
4. Above fill your personal details like your full name father name/Guardian name.
Next below put your residential address; example State, District, House no, Village, Landmark, Pin code as well as your date of birth, occupation mobile number etc.
5. Below provide your pan card details; if have not PAN card then fill the form 60/61 (This is the declaration in case PAN card is not available).
If have put PAN card give PAN no, annual income, education qualification, email ID or Aadhar Card (if applicable); fill this form very carefully after that click to proceed.
6. Next, you get SCRN (small customer reference number) which is valid for 30 days; save it and click below Save and proceed.
7. If you want to add another applicant select yes; if don’t choose no and click proceed.
8. Next, give details of applicants; Like SCRN that previously get and mobile number, holder name
If you add another applicant then give second holder name and SCRN if not leave that blank
Then put branch code if you don’t know branch code you can use branch locator to get after that click get branch name.
9. Below select additional details like what you want mobile banking, Credit Card, cheque book, internet banking and SMS alert etc.
You can also choose house loan, vehicle loan, General Insurance and pension etc; after that choose you to want to nominate any person or not
If you want to nominate any person. Choose I/we want to nominate the person as per details given below
Fill form DA-1, like nomination name, date of birth, address, pin code, State and City etc.
If not select I/we do not want to nominate any person in this account, you can also add nominees in future. Then click proceed.
10. Next you will get SARN save this number and click save and proceed.
After that, a window will come and you will see your online account opening form has been submitted and both numbers you get SCRN for SARN
It means your form has completed. Next, go to your branch that you choose and show but this number you will get your SBI account number.
Online bank account opening with zero balance in SBI.
- First, need to install official YONO SBI app in your phone.
2. Open YONO app and click new to SBI.
3. Next click under savings account opening; Apply Now. 3.
4. Next, choose under savings account opening – Apply Now.
5. After that, you will see product information like single branch visit, statements are e-mailed monthly only, PAN is mandatory and branch single branch visit required etc. If you click to know more you will get more details; this is just only for information. After reading click below next button.
7. Provide the following details to receive OTP like mobile number and email, leave the referral code option. After put email or phone number click Next.
8. After that you will get OTP on your phone as well as if you put email ID also you get OTP in your email, if you put only mobile number then you will get only OTP in your phone; If you don’t get OTP click resend mobile OTP or resend email OTP. After Put the OTP that you get from SBI. and then click below next button.
9. Next, put your pan card number and tick I am liable for tax in India only and I indemnify SBI against all losses arising due to difference in name on my PAN card and then click Next.
10. After that, general information will come it means you are an Indian citizen like this; read it and click below next button.
11. Next, proof of Identity chooses which document you give; if you give password then you can put expiry date issue date and if you choose like Aadhar card then no need to put expiry date,
Because in Aadhar card don’t have expiry or issue date butt on passport or driving licence have this.
Therefore; you need to put this after select document like Aadhar card placed below your Aadhar card number and click below Next button.
12. Next proof of current address if you choose Aadhar card then tick same as proof of Identity or you can choose any other address proof after select click next.
13. Personal details put your first name, middle name, last name, gender and date of birth and click next.
14. After that, place your city name, country of birth, citizenship and nationality than click below Next option.
15. Next, create your application password; it must be 8-character combination of upper letters, lower case, digits and special character put the same to same in both boxes; don’t forget it write any other places you need to it and then click next button.
16. After that, put current address as per address proof like house no, locality, city, pin code, State etc and then click below next button.
17. Then asked to give your photograph you can take a selfie or you can upload in your phone gallery.
Next, what is your annual income choose what is your yearly income. Then tell your educational qualification
Like below SSC, graduate, postgraduate etc select your qualification. Select your religion like Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Sikh.
Marital status married or unmarried select are you married or not.
18. After that put your additional details like father’s name and mother’s name and then click below next button.
19. next select your occupation like service, business or not categorised. Next, select occupation others like self-employed, housewife, student or retired.
20. After that put your nominee details like nominee’s name, relationship with your nominee’s, date of birth or if you are applying a minor person then put the guardian name, guardian age and then click below next option.
21. Next, put nominee address if your and your nominee’s address are same then click Nominee address same as applicant address if not then put below your nominee’s address and then click next.
22. After that, select your services which you want like internet banking rights, receive SMS alert and cheque book required and then click next.
23. Next, choose what kind of debit card you want, above select domestic or below silver/classic and below put the name that you want appear on your debit card and then click below next button.
24. After terms and condition window appear, click Read T&C then you can read their terms and condition. Scroll the page and tick I have read and agree to the terms and condition; if you don’t go below the page, you will not tick. After tick click next button.
25. Next information on other product and offering tick I hereby agree to SBI and click next button.
26. After that, you get an OTP; if you don’t get click resend OTP and when you get OTP then put it the OTP box and click next.
27. After you get a referral code and it would be valid for 15 days save it and go to your nearest SBI Bank branch and show this referral ID and your document that you select apply time like Aadhar card and you will get your SBI bank passbook.
SBI Account Opening Documents
- Aadhar Card.
- Ration Card.
- PAN Card.
- Voter ID card.
- Driving License.
- Electricity Bill.
- Bank account statement.
- Govt ID card.
- Credit Card Statement.
- Telephone Bill.
- Letter from any recognized public authority.
- Two Passport Size Photo.
You can also apply offline by fill this SBI account opening form.
If have any queries about SBI Bank then contact given below official SBI contact details.
- Toll free number: 1800 11 2211.
- Toll free number: 1800 425 3800.
- Tel: 022-22029456.
- Fax: 022 22742431.